MediaTek MT6795 is going to be the first processor to offer a super slow motion video playback at 480 frames per second in full HD. The company teased a short video showing the capabilities of the new chip. Of course take this with a grain of salt, because probably the video is made just to give you an idea of what a super slow motion video would look like. The results may be different on your future MT6795 device. You can’t expect the same picture quality and this highly depends on your smartphone’s hardware. But anyway it looks cool and we definitely would like to see this feature in our devices. Check the official video sample released by MediaTek.
More about MediaTek MT6795 itself. It’s a high-performance SoC based on 64-bit architecture. It offers true octa-core performance and it’s clocked at 2.2GHz. The chip supports LTE and probably we should see it with future premium Chinese devices. MediaTek MT6795 can support displays with up to 2K resolution (2560×1600). It’s interesting to see, if any devices will take advantage of it and use such screen resolution.
Check a short list with all announced features of the upcoming MediaTek MT6795
MediaTek MT6795 features
- 64-bit True Octa-core™ LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot™ unlocking the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotion™
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
- Integrated, low-power hardware support for H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback
- Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9, as well as for graphics-intensive games and apps
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC