It’s one year later and we are looking at the new OnePlus device – simply OnePlus 2. For more than a year this start-up company managed to gather so much attention, that currently millions of people are registering in an attempt to receive an invite for the new device. OnePlus 2 is a classical example of what we can call value-for-money device.
OnePlus 2 specifications
So why is this phone so special ? Because it packs the latest hardware without trying to empty your wallet. You can take a look at some of the key specifications:
– Snapdragon 810 processor, which currently is one of the best performing mobile chips out there. There were lots of speculations, if Snapdragon 810 is reliable, because it’s reported to have some heating issues. However OnePlus 2 is said to fix them. The company assures that they have found a solution. If you are not familiar with Snapdragon 810 – it offers 2 quad-core processors – one clocked at 2 GHz and another at 1.8 GHz.
– Big 5.5-inch screen with Full HD resolution protected by Gorilla Glass 4. Although the QHD resolution is the new trend among the flagships, OnePlus 2 offers 1920 x 1080 display. But this shouldn’t sound bad at all. FHD is still perfectly good even for big 5.5-inch display. And there are also some benefits of not having a QHD device. The lower pixel density will improve the graphics and battery performance.
– Base model comes with 3 GB RAM, which is more than enough as per today’s mobile standards. The more expensive 64 GB versions even packs the whooping 4 GB RAM.
– 13-megapixel main camera with laser autofocus and dual LED flash. Similar technology as in LG G3 and LG G4. The camera is capable of recording 2160p@30fps video and also has optical image stabilization.
– Big 3300mAh battery, which should be enough for a full day of an intensive usage.
– The new USB Type-c port, which improves the data transfer speed and charging time. It’s also reversible, which means that there’s no more need to pay attention, if you plug correctly your device.
– Being a budget device compared to others, doesn’t mean that you can’t offer interesting features. OnePlus 2 is equipped with fingerprint sensor following the new trend. The smartphone also has an interesting side button, designed for switching between the Android’s notification modes. Even without waking the phone up you can switch between All notifications, Priority interruptions and No interruptions. Another cool feature, which OnePlus 2 can offer are the customizable navigation buttons. You can choose what each button does. You also have an option to switch between on-screen buttons or use the phone’s capacitive buttons.
– OnePlus 2 saves no efforts for the design as well. There are several different removable back covers, which you can choose from. The phone also has a metal frame, which improves the durability and adds that premium design feeling.
So what do you think ? OnePlus 2 has all arguments to be a top dog and the best part is the price. OnePlus 2 has price, which is about 30% lower compared to devices with similar specifications.Because of that its fans are growing steady, which makes it pretty difficult to get one. OnePlus is still relying on the old invite system, so it may take some time (and luck) before you are able to order the One. If you are not so much of a patience guy, then you can check at our friends from GearBest.com.