Ulefone was one of the first Chinese manufacturers, who announced that will release an Android Lollipop 5.0 device. At the end of 2014 the company showed Ulefone Be Pro and made lots of noise because of its high-end specs and of course the promise for Android 5.0. This lead to increased sells and in fact, the company claimed that they managed to sell over 10,000 units last month, which is a good result for a small company. However by the time the phone was announced it was advertised as running Lollipop, but unfortunately the truth was that actually Ulefone Be Pro comes just with Android KitKat 4.4.
Ulefone promised that they are going to update the phone to Android 5.0 in February or March 2015. It seems that the company will keep its word and the users will receive an OTA update. Ulefone officially released a video showing Ulefone Be Pro running Android 5.0. It seems that they will manage to become the first Chinese manufacturer to adapt the Android 5.0. Lots of manufacturers already promoted devices that will be upgraded to Android 5.0, but there are still no signs of any updates.
You can see a video of Ulefone Be Pro running Android 5.0 below
If you don’t remember much about Ulefone Be Pro, then let us refresh your memory. It’s a phablet and it comes with mid-range specifications for a budget price. It cost around $160 at the moment and it’s available for purchase with several online retailers.
Ulefone Be Pro specifications
- Size: 156.5 x 77.8 x 10.2 mm/Weight: 166 gr
- 64-Bit CPU: MTK6732 processor clocked at 1.5GHz
- 16 Core GPU: ARM Mali-T760 GPU @ 695MHz
- HD Display: 5.5 inch IPS OGS capacitive screen (1280×780 resolution)
- Supports all FDD-LTE/DC-HSPA+/GSM networks
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz
- 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM (supports up to 64GB microSD)
- Back camera: 13.0MP, with flash light, Front camera: 8.0MP
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
By the way Ulefone are going to present their phones at MWC 2015, which is a big step for a small company.