Xiaomi just can’t stop releasing great value-for-money phones. A few months ago we saw Xiaomi Mi4i, which was a great bang with Snapdragon 615 processor for $200. But Xiaomi went even further announcing Xiaomi Mi4c, which showed us the unbelievable offering – a smartphone with one of the top dog processors Snapdragon 808 – for a price of just $200. But that’s not all and Xiaomi Mi4c packs even more surprises.
Xiaomi Mi4c specifications
Display: 5.0 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 64bit Hexa Core 1.8GHz
GPU: Adreno 418
Operating system: Android 5.1
RAM + ROM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM(3+32 Advanced edition) + up to 32 GB microSD card
Cameras: 5.0MP front camera with 85 degree wide-angle + 13.0MP back camera
Network: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz; 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz; 4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz
Battery Capacity: 3000 mAh
As you can see by the specifications, Xiaomi Mi4c is an absolutely beast with no competition in this price range. It has exactly the same hardware as LG G4 (except the 5.5-inch QHD display). It also reminds us of the new upcoming Nexus 5x, however being twice cheaper.
We mentioned that Xiaomi Mi4c packs some surprises. Here’s what we meant:
- The smartphone comes with a custom display with variable refresh rate, which can reduce your power consumption up to 10%.
- It also comes with the new usb type C connector, but in addition to that it offers an adapter, so you can use it with a regular usb.
- You won’t be disappointed by the battery, because you’ll find Quick Charge 2.0 technology.
- Perhaps the most interesting feature (at least for us) is the Edge Tap. Basically you can execute simple actions like taking a picture by just taping on the edge of the phone. We are curious to see what else can the Edge Tap offers and if the taps can be customized.
- Xiaomi Mi4c is also equipped with IR port, which means that you can control you TV, air-conditioner, etc. with your smartphone.
- You will be able to take a quick look at the clock or your notifications by just tapping twice on the screen. No need to press the power button, because the tapping will turn the display on.
We think that Xiaomi Mi4c is definitely the best value-for-money smartphone, which you can buy right now. Usually we are used to see smartphones with similar specifications for at least $500 or even more (take a look at LG G4, because as we mentioned the only difference is the display). And it’s not only the price and the hardware, because in addition to that you’ll get also some super cool features like the Edge Tap, IR port, display with variable refresh rate and so on. Just keep in mind that currently Xiaomi Mi4c is in pre-sell stage and should start shipping after October 20th. If you are looking for the best place to buy Xiaomi Mi4c for a good price, then you can take a look at our friends on GearBest, because you can receive $50 discount coupons, when you sign up. Here’s a link to the standard 16 GB version and the advanced version with 3GB RAM and 32 ROM.